Welcome to the 130th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Author Answers: Author Street Teams
In this episode of Author Answers, Shawn Manaher answers an email from a long-time listener about using street teams for helping you to market your book. He shares great tips about assembling and utilizing your street team, as well as some exciting Book Marketing Tools news. Don’t miss this episode!
Want to have your question answered on a future podcast episode? Call (605) 299-BOOK – that’s (609) 299-2665, and leave a message saying your name, your book title, and your question (2-3 sentences max).
Listen to the Show / Podcast
- FREE: The Ultimate Author Checklist for Online Book Marketing
- 22 Ways to Leverage Your Street Team for a Book Launch
- A Step-By-Step Guide for Mobilizing an Active and Highly Engaged Street Team
“A street team is going to be a list of individuals who are going to be the supporters and promoters of your book as you’re looking to have that book written, published, and launched successfully. The idea is to get a group of people who are keenly interested in your success – and these might be friends, they might be family, they may be people that you connected with online, groups that you attend online or offline. These individuals are going to be that team for you to get the word out before, during, and after your book is launched.”
“The last thing I would encourage you in doing is just do it. Just build that team. Start small. Think of 20 people, 50 people, maybe even 100 people that you could connect with that are going to be those supporters, encouragers for you, John.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive
- Ep 085: Build a Killer Self-Hosted Author Website
- Ep 084: An Introduction to How to Build a Responsive Author Email List in Just 30 Days
- Ep 083: How To Use Content Marketing To Delight Your Readers
- Ep 082: “The ONE Social Media Platform You Should Be on Today!”
- Ep 081: “How To Create A Reader Profile”