Welcome to the 121st episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours
In this episode, we answer another author question. In a twist, we invited past guest, Alana Terry, to answer a question about whether it is better to use a blog tour service or if you should run your own blog tours.
Want to have your question answered on a future podcast episode? Call (605) 299-BOOK – that’s (609) 299-2665, and leave a message saying your name, your book title, and your question (2-3 sentences max).
Listen to the Show / Podcast
“The neat thing about getting in touch with so many bloggers, what I’ve found, is it can be a really great relationship-building experience, where some of my best street team members, I’ve met through asking them to review my books on their blogs. They’ve gone on to become great encouragements to me. Some of them even serve as my beta readers now. So the more relational you can be, especially when you’re approaching them, the better. Again, no canned letters, things like that.”
“That being said, there are some definite disadvantages to doing it yourself and advantages to using a paid service. If you are not an organized person and keeping track of things is really stressful for you, then you might want to look into a paid service because they do all the behind-the-scenes stuff. They do contacting the bloggers, scheduling the posts.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive