Welcome to the 102nd episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Audiobooks and Book Marketing
In this episode, we were joined by book marketer and audiobook narrator, Rye Taylor. He shared some great tips about how to get an audiobook created, what to look for in that process, the importance of having an audiobook and more. He also shared some fantastic marketing tips that work for both fiction and nonfiction authors.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
- FREE: The Ultimate Author Checklist for Online Book Marketing
- RyeTaylor.com – Rye’s website
- Story Pop Studios – Rye’s audio storytelling service
“I think the biggest struggle that most authors have is the focus at the marketing stage. They’ve labored over this novel or non-fiction and many expect that the world’s just going to take notice because of all their hard work. Unfortunately they don’t take a lot of action when it comes to the marketing stage, they’re just hoping that since they struggled through this process of … I’ve heard it related often to an author, their first book in particular is like having a baby.”
“I believe the market in Audible.com said there was something like a triple their income in a matter of just a year or two. I can’t remember the numbers, the statistics, but there’s been quite a bit of growth in that sector, so for authors not to do that, I think it’s really a travesty to their own book, because it opens up an audience that may not be able to read your book but they want to read your book, and the only way that they can do that if they have young kids for example, is to actually plug in their ear-buds while they’re doing other things like washing the dishes or going to the gym. They still want to read but they can’t sit down and take the time.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive