Welcome to the 109th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Email Lists & Facebook Live
In this episode, we were joined again by bestselling author and book marketing coach, Shelley Hitz. She shared great insights into why building an email list is so important, how authors, even those who are introverts, can use Facebook Live to engage with their readers, and more.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (33.3MB)
- FREE: The Ultimate Author Checklist for Online Book Marketing
- Free Stuff from Shelley
- Author Audience on Facebook
“It’s so easy, whether it’s books or projects or bright shiny objects or this new training or this new thing, or “I’m going to try this new marketing technique,” we get all over the map. And when we really get laser-focused and really put our energy into one main area for a significant period of time – oh my goodness, you are going to see results. And if you don’t see results, you’ll know that’s not your sweet spot.”
“What I found is it’s the 80/20 rule: 20% of your efforts will produce 80% of your results. After so many books, after so many launches, I realized, “Wow, we get most of our sales from our email list.” We have put a lot of effort into building our email list over the years. So what I did for the Prolific Publisher book launch is I simply wrote three emails, scheduled them to my author list, and I created a really valuable bonus, $47 bonus. So I did that, and I’m done. I’m done with the launch.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive