Welcome to the 111th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Building Book Launch Teams
In this episode, we’re joined by bestselling author and book marketer, Jesse Tevelow. He shared great insights about some of the struggles he has faced in self-publishing and book marketing, as well how to build launch teams to supercharge your book launches.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
“When I first put [my book] out, I had good uptake on the free launch that I did. I did a free launch on Amazon, and we can dig into more details on this, maybe if we do a follow-up call or something. But I did that, and I didn’t have many sales after it went to paid. Then one day it got picked up. I think it was just a matter of me pushing and pushing and going on podcasts and really trying to get my name out, and that’s when it started to click. I started to realize that this was an ongoing job. It’s not something where you put it out and hope it works; you’ve got to work at it. Everything you do on the periphery relates back. That was a big part of the first book, I think, having longevity and succeeding.”
“This is almost the core of why we’re building LaunchTeam, because you cannot do it by yourself. You need that support system. You need that group to bounce back off of, to give you that motivation and give you that inspiration and tell you you’re on the right track. I think the misconception oftentimes is that that can be your friends and family, but just to be honest with everyone listening, those people typically aren’t your target audience. If they are, you’re lucky.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive