Welcome to the 100th (WHOA!!) episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Looking Back, Looking Forward
In this episode, our host Shawn Manaher reflected on the lessons learned, for us and for authors, in the past 100 episodes. He also hints at what we have coming for you both from Book Marketing Tools and The Author Hangout in the next 100 episodes! This is a quick one, but packed with great information for you as an author.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
“A lot of times authors and experts were talking about the mindset that they had to overcome. The fear, failure, struggle, the challenges that they had to face. It all was able to overcome through a mindset that said, “You know what, I’m struggling here in this area but I’m going to overcome it.” As an author when you’re looking at all the struggles and challenges that you’re going to face, you really want to consider the mindset that you have so that you can solve the problems that you have. As an author your number one job is really to figure things out. Figure out what you need to do in order to do that email list, to do promotions, to get reviews, to build that platform. Your job is to figure those things out.”
“We would ask every author and every expert and the three common themes that we saw throughout the entirety of these hundred episodes is write. Write more books. Write more books so that you can have something as a promotion. Write more books so that you can have a back list to sell. Write more books so that you stay fresh as an author. Those authors who are publishing on a regular basis, at least once a quarter or even every six months seem to have an advantage over those that do not.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive