Welcome to the 117 episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Self-Publishing & Book Launches
In this episode, we had Chandler Bolt on the show again. He is a bestselling author and expert book marketer, and he shared some great insights about self-publishing, as well as some book launch strategies and tips.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
“A lot of people have come through Self-Publishing School. So it’s been a fun ride, and we’re still growing. Our ultimate goal is to put the publishers out of business and to show people that self-publishing isn’t just an option; it’s the best option. It’s not the red headed stepchild, the thing that you do when you can’t get a publisher. It’s actually the best, most viable option. We feel like that’s the change that we’re creating.”
“The whole concept is you want to make people feel like they’re seen behind the curtains of your red carpet premiere. What’s a red carpet premiere if you don’t have a red carpet? AKA, what’s a book launch if you don’t have an audience? For someone who doesn’t have an audience, there’s just no way around it: you’re going to have to hustle. You’re going to have to scrap for every piece of publicity that you get, every piece of attention that you get. So when you’re building buzz, I like to tap into existing social media if you have it. I realize not everyone has that. For me, that’s kind of my platform to just communicate with people.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive