Welcome to the 139th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Above The Noise
In this episode, Shawn explores the formula for helping you to get above the noise of all of the other authors promoting their book. You will also learn who swindled him for all of his biscuits (seriously).
Listen to the Show / Podcast
- FREE: The Ultimate Author Checklist for Online Book Marketing
- YourAttractiveCharacter.com – Free book about developing that attractive character for your marketing.
- Free Guide: Twitter Followers Goldmine
“What chance do we have? What chance do you have at standing out? When I think of that, I think of this formula. Personality times attractive character plus platform equals visibility. I’m not the math one but I’m love numbers, I love formulas. This is a formula that you can use when it comes to trying to get noticed out there. Personality times attractive character plus platform equals visibility. In breaking that down, personality is using your personality multiplied by this attractive character idea, and we’ll get to that in a second, plus platforms, or even times platforms, will give you visibility.”
“How you’ll know if it’s resonating with people is you’ll get reactions. If you get people telling you that, “Hey, this is really great, I feel like you are being this towards me, or this towards us,” and their responding by way of ratings or reviews or even feedback that you’re getting directly, if they’re saying words that develop around that one thing you want to be known for, well then you’re doing a great job at developing this attractive character. For a review, how to develop an attractive character. You want to ask yourself, What does your audience resonate with already? You can model after that, but not become a ‘me too.’ “
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive