Welcome to the 143rd episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Learning to Hack Learning
In this episode, Shawn explores what it takes to take your author marketing skills to the next level: learning. He explores what holds people, probably even you, back, and what you can do to overcome that and make this year the best year yet in your business.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
“Become a star student. Become a star student in everything that you do. A star student is somebody that reads, consumes and takes notes on the material that they are reading. They don’t passively engage in the books, the content, the audio, the courses, whatever, on the material. They are engrossed in it and they are really becoming a star student. They’re immersing themselves in it. What else does a star student do? They ask questions. Don’t just read the content that you’re looking at. Don’t just listen to this podcast. Ask questions. Try and understand more. Be curious, try and understand what you don’t know. In some ways take the position that you may not know as much as you think you know.”
“The three particular areas that I focused on was list building, Facebook Ads and productivity. List building, Facebook Ads and productivity. Each of the courses I took helped me tremendously to learn the key skills to drive results in the areas of list building, Facebook Ads and productivity. When it comes down to it if you were to focus on any of these in this next year, list building, Facebook Ads and productivity, focus on them all. I believe that you will see results quickly, even this month, this year definitely, if you become that star student.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive