Welcome to the 99th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Maximizing Book Promotions
In this episode, we talked with author and podcaster, Jamie Davis. He shared his experiences with how he got a BookBub promotion after many rejections, and how he maximized this promotional opportunity and was able to add thousands to his mailing list.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
- FREE: The Ultimate Author Checklist for Online Book Marketing
- Jamie’s Website & Books
- NursingShow.com – Jamie’s podcast, for anyone in the medical field.
- Jamie’s first page of his book: it says “Get the prequel novella, The Vampire and the Paramedic, for free. Go to this link.” Make sure it’s after the front matter so it’s the first thing your readers see.
“I wanted to try to expand the BookBub reach as long as possible and all these things. I did my research, I talked to other people, I reached out to other authors. I can’t tell you how important that is. I haven’t found an author yet who has been rude to me. Maybe they didn’t respond, but if they responded, it was all positive. And most of them responded. So if I went out to a group and said, “Hey, I’ve got a BookBub ad. What should I do to make sure that I’m optimized?”, and I got a bunch of answers, I tried to look and see which ones fit best for my situation.”
“I would’ve tried to develop a writing habit earlier. I could’ve been a lot farther along if I hadn’t written a book and then sat around for three months and not written another word, waiting for lightning to strike. So my advice – the best way to sell more books is to write more books. That was something that was told to me, and I’ve seen the evidence of it. The best way to sell more books is to write more books, because each book helps discoverability of all your books.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive