Welcome to the 101st episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Author Email Marketing Automation
In this episode we were joined by bestselling author, Andrea Pearson. She shared many insights including writing inspiration, how to grow your mailing list, and how she automated her email marketing tasks so she could focus on what she loves most: writing.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
- FREE: The Ultimate Author Checklist for Online Book Marketing
- Andrea’s Website
- Andrea’s Automation Sequence
- BookBub Promotions and More – Andrea’s Facebook group
“I have to be honest: marketing is my number two favorite thing about being a writer. I love marketing. Writing’s my number one, and so there’s a lot of challenges and a lot of hard things but the thing that probably worked the best for me I’m going to have say is my onboarding sequence, so the perma-free leading to my funnel book that they get for free if they sign up for my newsletter list, and then followed up with my [email] automation sequence.”
“I email my newsletter list once a week and that’s been fantastic but I can only market and promote to them so often, and then also just doing newsletter swaps with other authors. There’s so many opportunities to reach other authors’ readers, but you have to be able to give them what they give you, and so you can’t overwhelm your readers with 20 books from 20 different authors each week.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive