Welcome to the 134th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Improving Kindle Book Rankings
In this episode, we interviewed the Kindlepreneur himself, Dave Chesson. He shared great tips for authors to improve their Kindle book ranking, as well as how to get Amazon to send traffic to your book.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
“Amazon is a market, right? There are people there every day searching for stuff. They have different pain points, they have different ways of describing the book they’re looking for. That is a preexisting market. What I want to do is I want to know what that market really wants. What is it that they’re typing into Amazon? What is it that they’re searching for? What is it they’re looking for and how do they describe it? When I know that and I’m also able to see that there are not a lot of competition out there for whatever that is, that gives me an opportunity to fill that need of that market.”
“At the end of my book, I kind of humanize myself. I will put in there something about me as a person so as to remind people that they’re not just reading a book, a dead product, they’re reading something that a real living, feeling person wrote. Then I explicitly ask for a review. I said, “Hey, it would mean the world to me to find out what you thought about this book. I’m a writer. I want to write more. Let’s make the next book even better.””
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive