Welcome to the 110th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Book Launches and Distribution
In this episode, we were joined by Kevin Tumlinson once-again. He shares his insights on book distribution tactics as well as some great tips for book launches. He also shares a hilarious “oops” moment regarding his recent book that you can’t miss.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
- FREE: The Ultimate Author Checklist for Online Book Marketing
“Short stories and releasing the bits and pieces and talking about the environment of the book and introducing the character. Those things are talk points. They’re an opportunity to touch base with your audience and get them interested. The more of that stuff you have, the more anticipation you can build. Marketing is all about anticipation. It’s all about introducing the concept and then withholding things as long as possible. Until you’ve got enough frenzy – you’ve got to find the friction point, because there will come a point when no one cares anymore.”
“The best possible advice I could ever give anyone as far as marketing and career development is to write, write, write constantly. Write more books. People absolutely hate hearing that because it’s not an Easy Button, but the truth of the whole thing is that – I once interviewed someone who said the first million words is practice. It galled me when I heard it, because I’m like “No! No, that’s wrong.” But it turns out I actually believe that it’s right. I think that the way you get better at this is to write as much as you can.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive