Welcome to the 116th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Podcasting for Book Marketing
In this episode, we interviewed podcasting expert Ben Krueger. He shared great tips for authors on how you can use a podcast to catapult your author career, whether you are a fiction or nonfiction author.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
“What it comes down to is, particularly with authorship, a big need is to build a community around your authorship, whether you’re releasing a series of books or whether you’re releasing nonfiction books that are a little bit more business-oriented. What’s really important to build is that strong community around what it is you’re releasing as an author, because that can be the launch pad for your next thing; that can be how your existing book gets into the hands of more people through referrals. With podcasting, folks are really easily able to build a community around their brand, around their voice, around what message they have to share – and that can be very story-focused if it’s more of a fiction type of an author, or it can be more how-to or interview-focused if it’s the nonfiction type author.”
“So I think part of it comes down to what are you good at as an individual? Obviously we’re talking to writers here, but a lot of the folks out there are good speakers as well. So if you’re comfortable behind a microphone or if you’re comfortable telling people about your books or about the storyline of what you share in your books and that kind of stuff, podcasting has the potential to be a really strong platform for you from an ease perspective simply because that medium reflects your natural skillset.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive