Welcome to the 138th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Goal Setting Check-in
In this episode, Shawn looks back at the goal setting episode from the beginning of the year. Have your author goals for 2017 been put on the back burner or are they still your focus? Get some encouragement to blast through those goals!
Listen to the Show / Podcast
- FREE: The Ultimate Author Checklist for Online Book Marketing
- Episode 124 – Goal Setting for Authors
“Maybe you set yourself up to say, “This year I’m going to make $1,000 a month as an author”. That is a very reasonable goal to go after. Maybe you want to just do $500, whatever that is. If you are not focused entirely on that goal and get distracted by other things, you’ll never meet or exceed that goal because you’re trying one thing, then the next, then the next, then the next. As an antidote for that, focus. Focus your attention for periods of time. In this case these next 30 days. What can you do in order to remove the distractions so that you’re focusing so that you’re going to, your chief goal is to hit that goal? Don’t allow anything else to distract you from that.”
“I want to reiterate for you as an author, you may be doing this solo. I want to encourage you to stay encouraged with fellow authors and others who are along the same line with you that you’re like, “Oh man, I don’t know if I’m staying on track”. “
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive