Do you have your Amazon author page set up? If not, why not? It’s very important for your marketing platform. In this guest post, author Catherine Townsend-Lyon tells you why it is so important and how to get it all set up properly.
I am author Catherine Townsend-Lyon and I own Lyon Book and Social Media Promotions. Writing and reading good books is a passion of mine. And since my own book was published in May, 2013 on Amazon, many doors have opened up for me. One of which is book promoting.
So when I receive emails from clients who are looking for a promoting plan and quote, I always do my research on the author to see what they currently have open in the way of social media accounts. I have opened many of social media accounts for many fine authors.
But to my surprise, about 80% of authors out there have no Amazon Author page? WHAT?
To me this is a head scratcher. WHY? It is free to do, easy to set it up, and you can even link your Twitter feed to your page. You also get a fabulous bio area, and even add your blog, website and social media links to it too! So why wouldn’t you utilize these wonderful book marketing tool?
Maybe it is because your not sure where to go, or how to set up your page up? Well I can help you with that.
Setting Up Your Amazon Author Page
Here is a little of what it will look like after you create an account or sign in and courtesy of Amazon Author Central. . .
To set up your account and reap all the benefits associated with marketing your book through Author Central, follow these steps (from Amazon):
- Go to https://authorcentral.amazon.com/ and click Join Now.
- Enter your e-mail address and password and click Sign in using our secure server.
- If you have an Amazon.com account, sign in with the e-mail address and password you use on that account.
- If you do not have an existing Amazon.com account, select No, I am a new customer. You will be prompted to enter the necessary information.
- Read the Author Central’s Terms and Conditions, and then click Agree to accept them.
- Enter the name your books are written under. A list of possible book matches appears.
- Select any one of your books. If your book is not in the list, you can search for it by title or ISBN. The book you select must be available for purchase on the Amazon.com website. Selecting the book creates the account.
- When you receive the confirmation e-mail we send, confirm your e-mail address and identity.
While you’re waiting for approval, you still can use some of Author Central’s features. For example, you can add or edit a photo or biography. We hold your content until verification is complete. Other updates, such as blogging and making changes to the books listed in your bibliography, are not available until you’re confirmed.
Optimizing Your Author Page
Then you can complete the rest with using the Twitter tools to link your feed, add your social media links so readers can come visit you, and more. You even create your own personal URL link for your author page. If you look to the left of the front page, there is a whole host of topics and marketing tools available for you to use.
It is a fact that authors who have an Amazon Author Profile page alongside your books listed, readers are more prone to purchase a book if the reader can learn more about the author while looking to purchase your books. Readers love to learn, connect, and engage with their authors they enjoy reading. It is also a fact that they will be more prone to come back and place a review of your book when done reading, which helps your Amazon ranking. WHY?
Because your Amazon Author page makes you look good! And shows you as a serious writer and author. So please authors, go over to Amazon Author Central and get your author page today! And while your there, check out all the wonderful tools Amazon has to aid you in promoting all your books!
Catherine Townsend-Lyon is the best selling TKG author and writer of her non-fiction memoir. She has been book promoting for “The Kodel Empire Publishing Group” professionally for 3 years, and now independently for 2 years as owner of “Lyon Book & Social Media Promotions.” You can learn more about her by visiting her book promoting blog at: Lyon Book and Social Media Promotions and visit her Amazon Author Page at: Author, Catherine Townsend-Lyon “Book and Social Media Promoting is my Passion!”