Welcome to the 122nd episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Speaking, Podcasts & Mailing Lists
In this episode, we were joined by Michael Neeley. He has a really unique story regarding his book, which leads into some great advice on building your audience, and using speaking and podcasts to help increase your author profile.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
“Because the bottom line is, whether it’s a podcast or you’re writing your book and getting ready to build your audience for that, you have to be seen by people. One of the elements that I teach in the marketing aspect is we all know who Coca-Cola is, and we know who Pepsi-Cola is. Does that stop them from advertising? No. Because they know how quickly people forget, and that people have other options.”
“I would’ve started my list much sooner – because doing those things, contributing to different platforms, was a great way. Every time an article gets picked up, my audience grows. People are signing into my list. And have a good giveaway as well so that people have a reason to sign into your list and join, and then you’ve got people that you can keep in contact with when your book does become available.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive
- Ep 085: Build a Killer Self-Hosted Author Website
- Ep 084: An Introduction to How to Build a Responsive Author Email List in Just 30 Days
- Ep 083: How To Use Content Marketing To Delight Your Readers
- Ep 082: “The ONE Social Media Platform You Should Be on Today!”
- Ep 081: “How To Create A Reader Profile”