Welcome to the 124th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Goal Setting for Authors
Shawn Manaher, owner of Book Marketing Tools, kicks off 2017 with some great tips on goal setting for authors. You have dreams and goals for your books in 2017 and Shawn shows you how to accomplish those goals with some solid tips.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
“You may know that some authors seem to be able to write and write and write, faster and faster and faster, and produce more content. It’s because they’re creating systems around themselves, and goal systems helps you to understand that you need to just be considering that as you are setting out to accomplish your goals. These create shortcuts. When you look at the same path and you’re going down it, if you already have a system in place to get through that path, you’re going to go much faster than you would if you didn’t.”
“What is one goal that you want to hit in 2017? I know I’ve given you a lot to think about, and you want to rewind and re-listen to this so that you really get it all, but how about you? Do you want to earn $1,000 a month from your books? Then set out that as your goal setting – that is, that’s what you want to do. Outline the strategy on how you’re going to get to that destination. What are the tasks that you need to line up in order to make that happen? Schedule it out so that you’re not missing anything. What are some systems around you that you can build in to help you to accomplish those goals? What are you doing mentally and actually physically to execute on that goal?”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive
- Ep 085: Build a Killer Self-Hosted Author Website
- Ep 084: An Introduction to How to Build a Responsive Author Email List in Just 30 Days
- Ep 083: How To Use Content Marketing To Delight Your Readers
- Ep 082: “The ONE Social Media Platform You Should Be on Today!”
- Ep 081: “How To Create A Reader Profile”