Welcome to the 104th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Connect With Other Authors
In this episode, we were joined by previous guest and bestselling author, Michael Bunker. He shared what’s been going on lately with his books, some of his top tips for authors, as well as his best tip: connect with other authors.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
- FREE: The Ultimate Author Checklist for Online Book Marketing
- MichaelBunker.com – Michael’s website
“I think it’s just Patreon gave me the opportunity to do something that was very, very interactive with the readers that I just really haven’t found anywhere else. Even Kickstarter and things like that. To me just to sell a book that way, I’m not really comfortable with that. Although I’m fine with anybody else that does it. That’s just my own opinion with my writing. I do enjoy anything that allows me to be closer to the reader, and have that communication, and interaction with them.”
“The first thing I would do earlier on in my startup is I would get a professional website that interacts very well with an email sign-up. I was probably about 2 to 3 years late really getting active with connecting the interactivity between my website, and my email list. Only after I got on Thirdscribe with Rob McClellan, and he helped me set up a lot of those things that
really helped me kickstart the ability to maintain a platform of readers that I could talk to outside of my blog. That would be number 1. Number 2, I think I would probably work a little bit harder at targeting my keywords, and those things on Amazon that really target those. Also bots, and things like that. I think I would work a little bit harder, because when you first start out that’s really one of the farthest things from your mind. You’re just trying to get that thing up there.”
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive